Search engines have different and various things to consider while ranking a site.
What kills a good amount of bloggers is the fact that they fail to understand that everything has to happen in gradual processes; they want to be on the first page within few days of launching that site.. lol.. Nothing good comes easy buddy!
If you just launched your site, it is best to find out what aspects of SEO you should focus on first, so as to enable things move smoothly. Here I have compiled 4 most important search engine ranking factors you should know before moving forw toard.
1. On-Page Factors:
This is what I call the page optimization factor, which is the most needed for effective search visibility and page ranking. Here are things you should work on to carry out on-page SEO.
– Add keyword in the title tag, as it will give the accurate description of the pages content.
– Image optimization through their alt text, caption, and description for example.
– Adding keyword in meta description tag.
– Adding Internal links on your site can pass their strength between them.
– Include Keyword in H1 tag.
– The length of the content increases the ranking as search engines looks for authoritative and informative content to rank first. Therefore, the longer your content is, the greater the chance.
– Avoid Duplicate content and write original copy for each page.
– Content Updates as search engines prefer freshly updated content, at least once every 12 months or so.
– Adding Canonical tag. Sometimes, having two URLs with similar content is unavoidable. One of the ways from preventing this from becoming a duplicate content issue is by using a canonical tag on your site. Which tells the search engine that one URL is equivalent of another, clearly stating that despite of two pages having the same content, they are in fact one.
2. Off-Page Factors:
– This is more like what you do outside your pages, dashboard or entire site, I call this the link building factor.
– Domain Authority of linking page. You should endeavor to build links from high domain authority websites.
Not all pages are equal as linking to pages with higher domain authority will of more advantage than those on low authority domains
– Increase number of linking domains and pages. The number of domains and pages linking to you is one of the most important ranking factors.
– Link relevancy. Don’t just go to any page and dump your links, linking from pages related to your pages topic carry more relevancy for search engines.
– Links from a homepage. Similarly, some SEOs believe that links from a home page of a linking domain carry more strength than those on one of its pages.
– A good number of do follow links should have a great impact on your ranking. You can derive these do follow links from commenting on other related articles and forums with a backlink to your site.
– The diversity of link types. The types of links you build to your site matters too. Too many links of one type may be a spam indicator and impact your rankings negatively.
3. Site Factors:
There are certain site factors that can affect your site’s SEO such as
– Creating a Sitemap helps search engine to index all pages on your site. It is the easiest and most efficient way to describe your website to search engines.
– Server location is also believed to help boost rankings for that particular country or region.
– Mobile optimization would affect rankings in some way.
– Search Console or webmaster integration. Having your site verified at different Webmasters Tools is said to help with your sites indexing. The tool provides valuable data you can use to optimize your site better
4. Domain Factors:
– Domain registration length. Search engines like Google considers domains registered for longer than a year as more trustworthy.
– Country TLD extension. If you try to target a particular local market, it is said that having a domain with a country specific TLD (.pl, .co, .uk, or .ie for instance) will help to achieve better rankings for that location.
– Domain history. You may not be the first person who registered the domain. And if your domain has been penalized in the past, its history might affect its current rankings.
I hope you now have a good idea the facts you should consider while building a site that will impress you someday in SEO terms. Look out for more interesting posts and Thanks for visiting… Share with friends!